Those who have entered into a civil partnership who wish to end their relationship will need to apply for a dissolution. The main difference between dissolution and divorce is that there is no ground of adultery available.

There are a number of considerations that couples need to think about, including finances, children, property and so forth.  Mediation is a good starting point.

If the parties have converted their civil partnership to a marriage will need to use the divorce procedure.

Starting the process is relatively easy, and many people feel that they can complete the paperwork themselves, but others feel they need advice and guidance and we can help with that.

We offer fixed fee options for divorce and dissolution matters:

Undefended Petition/Response* – £880, includes:

  • Up to 3 hours face to face, or via email or phone, consultations to discuss the divorce, initial financial and children matters
  • Completion of the D8 petition or response (you will be required to bring all relevant documents, e.g. CP certificate, plus translation where necessary)
  • Follow up queries from the court where necessary
  • VAT where applicable

* This fee does not include:

  • Court fees – you will remain responsible for all disbursements
  • Negotiating finances
  • Bailiff fees for personal service of petition
  • Difficulties in serving the respondent
  • Attendance at court

If your matter is likely to be defended, the above fixed fees will still apply for the work stated, but any additional work will be carried out via an hourly rate. Counsel can be instructed where required.

Contact us to book an initial consultation.